The very appropriately named winner of my Tomato Race is Champion. This tomato was the first to produce ripe fruit this year and gave me the two small tomatoes shown below on June 28. In an earlier post I listed the tomato varieties I planted. Unfortunately Jet Star and Cherokee Purple did not finish the race, they both suddenly wilted and died. Not sure why, but my hypothesis is gophers.
- Winter Garden Vegetables
- Green Beans
- Turkey Foot Farm – Home of the 2011 “Best Continental” State Fair Cockerel!
- Spring Garden 2011 – Synopsis
- Adventure Farm Participates in St. Louis Sustainable Backyard Tour
- On the Road 2011 – My Visit to Mansfield Missouri and St. Louis Urban Farming
- Homegrown Eating Diary or My 2011 New Year’s Resolution
- Big Eyes/Small Mouth Plus a Visit from Bambi.
- Spring Greens and Geese
- Just in Time Chicken Tractor
- Adventure Farm's Blog – Urban Farming in St. Louis
- Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
- Beal Orchard
- Burpee Seeds and Plants
- Coe Farm Harvest – 2010
- Freeze/Frost Dates Calculator
- Gene Logsdon – The Contrary Farmer
- Modern Homestead
- Morgan County Seeds
- Novella Carpenter's Blog
- Ronniger Potato Farm
- Stock Seed Farms
- The poultry project
- The Urban Farming Guys – Kansas City MO.